Monday, July 11, 2011

Kitchen Redo

I was reading the "Marriage of Style and Function" article about a kitchen remodel in the latest issue of Southern Living magazine, when I realized I know the owner Lindsey (a former sorority sister of mine who is currently the Southern Living Decorating Editor).  Meg and I think she did a fantastic job renovating and updating her kitchen. Enjoy!

First, here is a picture of the kitchen BEFORE the remodel. Notice the piece of plywood on the floor where the island used to be...yikes.


Here's a shot AFTER the remodel. Wow! It's fresh and modern with a timeless gray and white color palette.  Notice that the cabinets run up to the ceiling, which makes the space feel taller without actually raising the ceiling. It makes a world of a difference. Notice the new "tongue and groove" ceiling and the incredibly chic acrylic bar stools.


 Lindsey used her existing cabinetry, which saved on cost. She just gave the cabinets a face lift by raising them to the ceiling, by repainting them, and by adding new hardware.  We love the chevron style backsplash and the open shelving as well. (In case you missed our previous post, you can see our love for chevron patterns here)

 The Eero Saarinen like table paired with colorful patterned fabrics help make the breakfast nook light and cheery. 
Be sure to read the article here, which includes more pictures as well as her remodeling tips .

All images from SouthernLiving.Com

2 comments:

Sully Smith said...

I saw this feature in Southern Living and loved it. It has inspired me to use the cabinet color, Hardwick White, on two peices of my own furniture at home!I am glad you like it, too.

Molly Witherington said...

I loved that one too. She was a theta a year ahead of me at Vandy!